|Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering||BT||4 years|
The four-year undergraduate B.Tech program in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering being offered in the department has the main objectives to train students as leaders in research and development in industry and to produce good quality production engineers to cater to the needs of industries in the field of biotechnology and other allied fields. The curriculum of the course encompasses latest development in the field as well as present day and future needs of the industry. This undergraduate program covers both greater depth and breadth due to its extensive course requirements. The curriculum includes courses in biological sciences, chemical and biochemical engineering together with compulsory industrial training. An array of electives gives an opportunity for greater depth in both biology and engineering applications. Relative to many peer institutions, the undergraduate course offered in the department is enhanced due to a high level of interdisciplinary and cross-institution research and training interactions. The department is fully equipped with Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bioprocess Engineering, Fluid Flow, Enzyme Engineering, Heat and Mass Transfer, Downstream Processing and Computer lab. At the cost of 4 lakhs worth software packages, “ASPEN PLUS“ – Engineering suite and “CHEMCAD- Process simulations software” has been purchased for Software Laboratory. Large numbers of our alumni are placed in various software companies like Infosys.
- Graduates of the programme will have a successful technical and professional career in biotechnology , biochemical engineering and related areas.
- Graduates will be able to achieve in diverse careers including business, IT related areas and others.
- Graduates will pursue advanced studies and research in biotechnology , chemical and related fields like environmental engineering etc.
- Graduates will have desire for lifelong learning and for adoption to a change in direction with rapid response as two means of extending engineering knowledge.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both oral & written form
- Graduates will have knowledge of contemporary issues and apply them in real life
- Graduates will possess ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and solve, biotechnology and biochemical engineering problems
- Graduates will have ability to design and conduct experiments, to analyze and interpret data
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of fundamentals of chemical engineering, and biotechnology to bio-processing and bio-separation in the context of biochemical and biotechnological applications
- Graduates will be able to design systems, components or processes to meet desired needs within the realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Graduates will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and Graduates will be able to apply ethical, environmental and human safety standards to actual problems and processes
- Graduates will be able to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools for engineering practices
- Graduates will have desire for lifelong learning
|Name of The Student||Company|
|Athul Sanjeev||Zifo RnD Solutions|
|Surya V||EVOBI AUTOMATIONS PVT LTD|
|A R Krishanaindhu||EVOBI AUTOMATIONS PVT LTD|
|Name of Student||GATE Score||Specialization||CSIR Scholarship Exam||Specialization|
|Arya T Dharan||392||Biotechnology||55|
|Feba K Roy||752||Biotechnology|
|Priyanka D N||92||Biotechnology|
HOD :Prof. Alwan S,
Area of specilization: BT & BCE
Contact – Ph. No.: + 91 9496719817
|Department Location||Divisional Block C|
|Year of Establishment||B.Tech in BT & BCE– 2012|
|Total number of Classrooms||4|
|Total number of Laboratories||6|