The college Central Library is named after Prof. V .Jagannatha Panicker who was a great scholar, renowned teacher and a journalist par excellence. His unique collection of invaluable books on all branches of knowledge was donated by his family to the Central library and maintained here as Prof. Jagannatha Panicker Knowledge Centre. The Central Library and Information Centre offer a wide range of resources and services. It attempts to provide accurate and up-to-date information to support the curricula needs of the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The library facility consists of Information Desk, Circulation section, Reference section, Periodical Section, Stack area, Bound Volumes section, E-Learning Centre, Humanities & Social Science section and Reprographic Centre. The library is fully automated and the collection is accessible online through the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The library follows the open stack access policy for its members.
We have a book collection of 34000 volumes and 10325 titles and continue to grow both in quantity and quality. We have recently added so many books to cater to the needs of the postgraduate students. Besides books, the collection includes magazines, technical journals, newspapers, CD/DVD’s. In addition to this we provide access to over 1500 e-journals through online databases. The core collection covers subjects such as computer science, information technology, engineering, pure sciences, life sciences and business management. The humanities and social science section of our library is very unique and invaluable.
LIBRARY FACILITIES & SERVICES
The central Library is providing both routine and value added services to the members.
- Lending Service: The library provides lending service to both faculty and students of our college. Book lending service is available from 8.30 Am to 3.50 Pm on all college working days. The number of books issued is based on the category of the user. Library members are required to present their bar-coded ID cards for all library transactions.
- Reference Service: Reference service is provided for queries using available reference sources and internet
- Current Awareness services: We provide Current Awareness Services like New Arrivals list, current contents service, article alert service etc. to our members.
- Reprographic Services: Reprographic services include Photocopying, Document scanning and printing. We charge Re.1/Copy for photocopying and printing.
- Bibliographic services: With the help of available in house database we provide bibliographic service to our members.
- CD/DVD viewing service: We have a collection of over 1600 CD/DVD’s in our library and members can view these in our Digital Library and Multimedia Centre.
- Online Access: The library is a subscriber of IEEE-ASPP/POP online journals/proceedings package and e-journals available through DELNET (Developing Library Network). Members can make use of the terminals in the e-learning centre for accessing e-journals and e-books.http://ieeexplore.ieee.org DELNET
- Question Paper Collection: We have a collection of the previous year question papers in scanned pdf. format. Students can access these question papers from the Digital library & eLearning Centre.
- Education/Career Information: We regularly put up information about Higher Education/ Scholarships and Career opportunities on two notice boards in the library. We are also maintaining a special collection on books for Career and Professional Development (CPD)
- Internet facility: Internet search facility is available in e-Learning centre. Members are allowed to make use of this facility for accessing e-journals and other web resources for academic purpose.
- Library Orientation: Library staff is providing orientation to the new students individually and in groups by introducing them to resources, services and tours of the facility. They are also getting hands-on experience in using the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC): The OPAC containing the library collection is accessible from the terminal in the ground floor and from remote terminals within the campus. The users can obtain details pertaining to the book collection, journals, reports, thesis and CD-ROM from the OPAC.
Working time: 8.30 Am to 5.30Pm
Reference section: 8 Pm to 10 Pm (Hostellers only)
All members can borrow/return books from 8.30 Am to 3.50 Pm on all college working days