RULES OF GENERAL DISCIPLINE AND CONDUCT
Students are to strictly follow the following:
- Class timing will be from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM with one hour interval. 45 minutes for lunch break 11.45 AM- 12.30PM for BT&BCE, Civil and First Years & for other branches 12.45PM – 1.30PM and 15 minutes for Tea Break for morning (10.30AM – 10.45AM).
- The students should be inside the classroom before 8.30 AM.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the campus between 8.30 AM and 4.40 PM without the prior permission/sanction of the Principal.
- Unauthorised absence from the classes will be taken seriously and disciplinary action will be taken. Sanction should be obtained from the HOD in advance for all absence. If the absence is more than 3 day’s medical certificate should be produced. All medical leaves have to be sanctioned by the principal. Leave to be submitted on the day they come back to the college. No late leave will be considered. All leave applications of students after granting sanction in writing are returned to the applicant with direction to produce the same whenever required.
- The application for condonation of shortage of attendance has to be submitted to the Principal with sanctioned leave application within 2 days of last working day of the classes.
- If any student is absent for a series test no retest will be granted on any ground.
- Students, who happen to have no class, are not allowed to loiter around in the campus during class hours disturbing other classes. Abstaining from class “en-masse” is considered as a serious offence for which disciplinary actions will be taken.
- Silence should be maintained in library and computer labs. Library books should be handled with care. Rules pertaining to the issue of library books should be adhered to.
- As per the High Court Order mobile phones are banned inside the college campus. Strict disciplinary action, including confiscation of the mobile phone and a fine of Rs 1000 /-will be imposed on students who violate the above rule.
- Laptops are not permitted inside the campus.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in the college according to the directions of the Government of India. Penal measures to those found guilty of ragging will extend up to immediate expulsion from the college.
- Students are expected to maintain a very high order of discipline. No effort shall be spared to conduct themselves at all times, at all places, and on all occasion in a manner worthy of students of a course which is to lead them to high responsibility in the future.
- Students are expected to adhere to the dress code prescribed by the institution while in campus. Boys should wear trousers with formal belts (only black / brown colours permitted) and insert shirts with half sleeves and their feet should be protected with socks and shoes. Jeans and T-shirts are not permitted. Girls should wear salwar kameez and dhuppatta. Girls should take care to tuck their hair. The ID card should be displayed whenever they are inside the campus. Strict disciplinary actions will be taken on the spot against those who violate the dress code. Any change from the dress code is permitted with the consent of the Principal on special occasions.
- Every student shall provide himself/herself with the entire prescribed textbooks, drawing instruments and accessories and other such articles required for the classroom work.
- The college properties should be handled with maximum care and everything possible should be done to preserve the cleanliness, and tidiness of the building, furniture, library, buses and premises.
- Considering the requirement of energy saving, all lights and fans in the classroom should be switched off when not in use.
- The students are to attend all the activities organized by the college.
- It is mandatory for all the students to attend the additional courses and classes that is being given.
- The following additional facilities are available for the students:
• 24 hours ambulance facility
• Infirmary with the service of a doctor at BT&BCE Department.
• Sick rooms are available for Ladies and Gents.
• 24 hours Internet facility both for day scholars and hostlers.
Director’s / Principal’s decision regarding the discipline will be final.